Eng | Рус | Fra | Esp | Deu

Men Quick Search

Frequently asked questions

If you don't find an answer to your question on this page, do not hesitate to contact us with your question


Everything concerning our website and services

Travelling to Russia

What you need to know about visiting Russia and other CIS countries

Visas and Immigration

Information on visas and bringing women to your home country

Back to top












Will I be charged for your services?








We do not have a paid membership, like other similar sites do. Registering a profile, searching our database and sending messages is completely free. If you are a man, however, you will have to pay for opening other members’ messages, for which you need to buy credits (see next question). For women all our services are free.








How can I purchase credits?








You can do it online with a credit card (we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover). Just log in to your profile, go to "Buy Credits" and buy the needed amount; the credits will appear instantly on your account. For those who don’t want to use a credit card for some reason, there are other options available.








How much does one credit cost?




This depends on the amount you buy:




100 credits or more:  US $1 for each credit




55-99 credits: US $1.09 for each credit




20-54 credits: US $2 for each credit











If I pay by credit card, what will show up on my statement?




It will show as "1st International”, possibly with a phone number and/or some abbreviations, for example, "1st Int'l NTW" or "1ST INTERNATIONAL 800-974-6453".








What does it cost to open a letter from a woman?




It depends on a number of factors, such as her English skills (if she has her letters translated, it will raise the price), her ability to access the internet (if she has to use a computer at her local agency, that will affect the price, as well), her activity (how often she visits the website) and her popularity (how many men she is corresponding with).








 How do I contact a woman directly?




If you want to get a lady’s direct contact details, you will first need to fill out the IMBRA form, if you haven’t done that already (this concerns US citizens only). After that, there are two options. The first one (recommended) is to open 15 (fifteen) paid messages from the lady (the messages that you open before writing to a lady for the first time are free and don't count); at this point you have the right to request her contact details (or your money back, if for some unlikely reason they cannot be provided). To do this, go to her profile and click the button that says "Send contact info request". The other way is to pay a $50 fee, whereupon we will contact the lady and ask her permission to send you her contact details, but note that this money will not be refunded even if the lady refuses to disclose her contact info. Therefore you should make sure you have her consent before you proceed; if you haven't opened at least one paid message from the woman, you cannot apply for this option. Please note that exchanging personal contact information through our messaging system is not allowed, even if you do have 15 opened messages from a lady; if you want to exchange such information with a lady, contact us.

We do not allow contact between members outside our website before they have officially exchanged contact information. Outside contact includes our competitor websites, social network websites, skype, etc. Outside contact violates our Terms and Conditions and may violate the IMBRA law, which may in turn jeopardize a lady's chance to get a US visa in the future and men's chance to sponsor a K-1 visa. It also opens possibilities for fraud. We do not allow our ladies to contact men outside the website, or to respond to men's attempts to circumvent our rules. If you are contacted outside our website by someone claiming to be a lady from the website, please be cautious as this could be a scam attempt. All of the above applies only until you have officially exchanged contact information. After the contact exchange you are free to communicate without our involvement.












What do I find under Requested Contacts?




The Requested Contacts page (which can be accessed from the menu on the left side of your control panel) lists the contact details that you have requested. Note that it is updated no sooner than your contact info request has been processed.








Do you offer any discounts?

After opening 15 paid messages from a lady, you can request to have the price of her letters lowered to 5 credits. You are also entitled to this reduction if you have requested the lady's contact information using the expedite service. In case the lady's contact information does not include an email address, the price can be further reduced to 1 credit per letter; however, translation is not provided at this price. If you want to keep using our translation services, the price will have to stay at 5 credits per letter.








Can I videochat with a lady?

Yes, you can book an interpreted videocall by email support@online-dating-singles.com or by phone (USA toll-free: 1-866-Y-SINGLE (1-866-974-6453), UK: +44 (0) 2071935504). This should be done at least 24 hours in advance. You don’t need any special software, except for the current version of Adobe Flash Player. The rate is 2.5 credits per minute. The minimum call duration is 10 minutes, which means that the system will charge your account for the first 10 minutes automatically when the session starts, so please make sure that you have sufficient credits on your account before joining the videochat. Please note that exchanging personal contact information during a videochat is not allowed.








What is trust level?




The trust level is a credibility rating given to a female profile by our staff. A staff member can rate a profile on one or more of multiple scales: passport scans, live meeting, phone conversation, video, correspondence. Some are rated according to the staff member's own judgement (such as passport scans or phone calls), and others (like correspondence or meetings) according to the feedback we receive from our male members. Combined, these ratings make up the trust level. Each category carries different weight (e.g., feedback on a meeting is more important than the passport scan); the exact formula is complex and classified, so it cannot be used to artificially raise the trust level. A trust level of 100% means that we have received definitive proof that the woman behind the profile is a real person, and all her communications originate from herself. This doesn't mean, of course, that anyone with less than 100% is automatically fake or dishonest, although you should be wary of profiles with a trust level of 40% or less. Note that the absence of a trust level is not the same as a low trust level. A female profile doesn't have a trust level by default and may never get one, unless it gives us a reason to rate it.











What is a friends list?




It is not a list of people a member is corresponding with.  To be on a member’s friends list, you have to send them an invitation which they can choose to accept. It can also be the other way around: a member sends you an invitation, and you accept it.  Being a "friend" is a mutual thing.  That means that if a member is on your friends list, you are automatically on theirs.  You can delete any "friend" from your list by logging into your profile, going to "Communicator", then "Friend members", checking those you wish to delete and clicking "Delete from Friend List".




People on your friends list have access to your private photos, which are protected by your private password from everyone else.




Remember that the list of your "friends" can be seen by any member or even a visitor to the site.  It is up to you to decide how many people to have on your friends list.  Friends listed on members' profiles mean different things to different people.  For some, having a lot of friends demonstrates that they are popular.  Some prefer not to list any friends to keep their relationships private. Yet for others listing just one person as a friend means they are serious about them.  Use your own judgement in interpreting the meaning of a lady’s friends list or lack of it.  Factor in the ratings of her pictures (the amount of votes and the average rating), and her popularity (more credits per letter means more people are writing to her).











How can I view someone’s private pictures?




Private pictures are password protected, so you will have to write to the lady and request the password. It is better to do this after you have already established communication with that lady.











Can I talk to a lady on the phone?




You can order an interpreted phone call, which costs 1.8 credits per minute (1 credit if you don’t require translation). This should be done in advance because we need time to contact the lady’s local agency, or the lady herself, and make sure she will be available at the desired time. Please take into account the time difference between your country and the lady’s when you place an order.











Are there any scammers on your website?




Most of the women on our website are represented by local dating agencies, where they contact our representatives in person. Our moderators reject suspicious profiles and and monitor the activity of site members. Unfortunately, due to the large number of profiles, it is impossible to filter out all scammers. Therefore we urge our members to be on their guard and notify us of anything suspicious.











How do I know those women are really interested in marriage, and not just a green card?




No one can really know what goes on in the mind of another person.  However, corresponding with a lady and (preferably) meeting he in person should give you a good idea of what kind of person she is. Besides, in order to get unconditional permanent residency in the US she has to stay married to a US citizen for 2 years. Combined with the processing time, this makes about 3 years - a lot of time for you to make a good impression on her. Now, could a person be so calculating as to do this just for a green card? It is possible, but in our experience most of the women coming here have honest intentions. Sometimes, the man is to blame. Such a person complains about how the woman took advantage of him, although the real reason she left is that he treated her badly. According to the official figures, the divorce rate between international couples in the US is several times lower than in regular American couples.  











Why are some women looking for a man much older than themselves?  




It is not uncommon for Russian women to marry older men, although there are limits.  If you are 40, you might be hard-pressed to find an 18-year-old bride, but 22-25 years old is ok. Remember that every person has their own standards. Some women don’t mind a significant age difference, while others do. They usually indicate their age preference in their profiles.











Are you compliant with the IMBRA law?




Yes, we are fully compliant.  Upon request you will get the IMBRA release that you may need for applying for her fiancee visa later.  We are not happy about this law as it puts a lot of unnecessary burden on us and our clients, and we urge you to sign petitions to repeal it.  However, as it stands today, the law is the law, so we are complying with it. 











Have any of your clients actually found a wife through your website?




Yes, quite a few. You can read their testimonials.











The toll-free number listed on your site is not working.




If you are outside the continental US, you cannot use the US toll-free numbers.  This includes our toll-free main and fax numbers.  Outside of the continental US may or may not include Canada, Puerto Rico and Hawaii.  For example some of our customers in Canada are able to call us on our toll free number, but others can't. If that's the case, please use our regular (toll) numbers or contact us via free 24 hours a day.











What is your mailing address?




Here is our mailing address and other complete and updated contact information.You can forward all correspondence to this address, including payments, orders, and inquiries. 











I haven't received a response to my email.




Most likely, your email provider has blocked the delivery of our email to you, because of its anti-spam policies. Sadly, many email providers, especially those like hotmail, yahoo, and AOL are blocking a lot of legitimate email messages because they suspect them to be spam. With today's enormous volume of SPAM on the Internet, email providers have to take steps to protect their users from huge amounts of unsolicited emails. They use automatic filters or rules by which they sort out messages into 3 categories: ones that should be delivered, ones that get deleted, and a category "in between" for those messages that end up in your "Bulk mail", "Junk mail" or similar folder. We never send unsolicited messages to anyone, yet some of our emails to our customers get blocked. If it does not help or you believe that's not the problem, contact us by phone or online chat and and we will be happy to help you. If you haven't received a response to your question via email, fist thing to do would be to check your "Bulk mail", "Junk mail" or similar folder. If it's there, please click "It's not spam" or similar button in your email program. If you don't see our message in your "Bulk mail", "Junk mail" or similar folder and you are using Hotmail or AOL please follow these instructions to unblock us.











I’ve sent several messages to women and received no replies.




First of all, login to your account and check your messages. Note that the ladies will not be replying directly to your email, but instead their messages are stored in your account.  However, you should receive notifications from us about every message/response received.  If you are not receiving them, please read the answer above to make sure you are receiving emails from us. If there are still no messages in your Inbox, make sure that you have a picture in your profile, and it is correctly displayed. Profiles without pictures get almost no replies.  If you still get no response to more than 3 messages, let us know, and we will try to find out what's going on.











The system says I can't send a message because I have unopened mail from this member. 




To protect the privacy of our members and to prevent spam, our system does not allow users to send a message to a member from whom you have 2 or more unopened messages.  If you want to send him or her a message, you need to go back to your Communicator and open mail from her or him first.  If you have accidentally deleted those unopened messages, please contact administrator.











Why was my profile rejected?




If your profile was rejected, it must have violated some of our rules or seemed suspicious to our moderators. There are several things you can do to ensure your profile is not rejected next time:




- Post a picture. It must be a picture of yourself, with your face clearly visible. No nudity or private contact information on photos is allowed.




- Write a longer description. A profile with no description (or a meaningless or obscene one) will be rejected.




- Enter your private contact information (such as email, phone number) only in the fields specifically provided for it.




- Choose the country in which you are located at the time. If you normally live somewhere else, you can indicate that in your description.




- Provide your phone number.








Where can I learn more about your company?




You can read about our history and present activities here.















Travelling to Russia




How long does it take to get a visa to Russia or Ukraine?




If you have a passport that does not expire for least six months after the dates of your travel, we will fax you the visa support documents within 1-2 business days.  Then you need to apply to the consulate for the visa. Visa processing to Russia takes about 2 weeks, but you can pay extra money to have it ready even the same business day.   Add the time for mailing the documents to the Consulate and back.  They accept express delivery, including FedEx next day, and can send you the documents back the same way if you provide a prepaid waybill. You can go in person to a Russian Consulate in New York, San Francisco or Seattle and get the visa the same day. It will cost around $300. Processing time is similar for a Ukrainian visa. 







How safe is it in Russia?




It is quite safe in Russia and other CIS countries if you know where to go and what to do.  It might be somewhat dangerous if you are lost and on your own.  If you stay away from unsafe neighborhoods, don't flash your cash and follow the basic safety rules, you are going to be ok.  It's a good idea to have the woman you are visiting pick you up at the airport and show you around.











Can I bring my laptop to Russia? Do I need an adaptor?




Yes, you can, but you may need a simple adaptor. As far as the customs office is concerned, there are no restrictions on bringing your personal laptop across the Russian border. Standard voltage in Russia and all other European countries is 220 volts (it is 110 in USA). This means you will need a step down transformer (an adaptor that changes voltage) for electric devices other than a laptop. Those could be bought at Sears or Radioshack at $20-$30. Laptops are the lucky exceptions in that they do not need a transformer, because their chargers normally take in any voltage from 110 volts to 250 volts. There may be laptop chargers out there that would not take 220 volts, but we have not seen one. Please check your charger first, before you fry your laptop! The acceptable voltage ("AC in") should be printed directly on the charger. However, even if your laptop can take 220 volts, you still need a simple adaptor. The reason is that the Russian electrical outlet has 2 round holes, while the American plug has 2 flat prongs. There is no way to fit one into the other. So you need to buy a cheap ($1-$3) adapter that has 2 holes for flat American prongs, and 2 round prongs on the other end, to plug into the Russian outlet. You can buy such adapters at many places, RadioShack, Sears, or even your local WalMart. Network and phone connectors are the same as in US. All of this applies to all other countries of CIS.











How can I connect to the Internet in Russia?




If you are staying in an expensive hotel in a major city, they may have Wi Fi connection. Please check with your hotel first. Needless to say that Wi Fi standard is the same throughout the world so you won't have any problems. If this does not apply to you and you have to use good old dial-up, read on. 1. If you don’t mind using a public computer, there are a lot of Internet cafes in almost every city of the former Soviet republics. Just ask the hotel personnel or a taxi driver. The is usually about $1 per hour. 2. If you want to go online from your own laptop, it may be more difficult. Unfortunately, neither Russia nor any other CIS country has a nation-wide dial-up Internet provider, like AOL in the USA. So you have to find a local provider in the city where you are staying. Again, the hotel personnell could help you locate one. You can also find one on the Internet before your trip. You should be prepared to prepay your Internet access in cash, because local providers normally do not accept credit cards. The rates are usually $.50-$1.00 per hour. Another option is to take your laptop to the nearest Internet cafe and ask the staff to connect it to the Internet. They are always willing to do so at a regular hourly rate.











 Will my electronics work in Russia?




Yes, but you need an AC adapter. Standard voltage in Russia and all other European countries is 220 volts (it is110 in USA). This means you will need a step down transformer (an adaptor that changes voltage) for electric devices other than a laptop. Those could be bought at Sears or Radioshack at $20-$30. We have decent ones for sale for $15 plus shipping. Contact us to order one.











 Will my cell phone work in Russia ?




It depends on your provider. All European providers use the GSM standard, so if you are from a European country, your phone will work fine in Russia. You are likely to be charged premium roaming charges, so please check with your provider. They may have a calling plan that covers Russia so you won't incurr roaming charges.




In USA: Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint use the older proprietary CDMA standard. Those phones WILL NOT work in Russia at all. On the other hand, T-Mobile and Cingular use the more widely accepted GSM standard and will work in Russia. Usually you do not need a quad-band "world phone". In Russia the most widely used frequency is GSM 1800. Most GSM phones offered on the US market can operate on this frequency. On rare occasions inRussia you may encounter coverage by the older GSM 900 standard. To get a signal in these locations, you have to have a phone that can work on this frequency. Consult your cell phone manual or call your wireless service provider to find out what frequences your phone can operate on.




Normally, with USA providers like T-Mobile and Cingular, your roaming charges in Russia will be about $1.50 per minute, which is a lot. If you need to call a number in Russia from your US cell phone while in Russia, you will also incur international long distance charges (alternatively you can use our calling card to at least save on the latter). But there is a better way if you have a GSM phone. It is a bit complicated but you will not only get decent rates for calling Russia and USA, but you will also get a Russian cell phone number without spending a lot. The easiest way would be to buy a cell phone in Russia, but prepare to spend about $150 even on a basic one. What you can do instead is buy a SIM card in Russia and insert it into your US phone. The SIM card comes with a brand new Russian cell phone number, and if you purchase it in your destination city, you will get local calling rates. SIM cards are sold at every wireless store and cost about $5. There is one last trick, though. To prevent their customers from switching to a competitor, T-Mobile and Cingular are now "locking" their customer's phones so that a SIM card from a different provider cannot be used. To use a Russian SIM card you have to "unlock" the phone. You can find such a service locally (usually in cell phone repair shops) or just type "unlock phone" on eBay.




Russian cell phone providers offer prepaid service only. They do not offer monthly calling plans. Airtime is somewhat expensive, compared to US. Local calls are 5 to 15 cents a minute, long distance calls are 15-80 cents a minute. International calls can be as high as $3 per minute. Calls made from 9 PM to 6 AM are about twice cheaper than daytime calls. You can prepay any amount at any wireless store or any bank. There are also special machines in most supermarkets which accept payments for cellular service. They have an English interface as well.




There are a few cellular service providers on the Russian market, and we are reluctant to recommend a specific one, but if we absolutely must recommend one to a foreign traveller, we’d go with "MTS". It's not the cheapest one, but it seems to be the largest, has the best coverage and has wireless stores everywhere. Plus, it also operates in Ukraine and other CIS countries. 











How do I call Russia and other CIS countries? 




In most cases, you need to dial 011 if you are in the US; next the country code, then the area code and phone number. The country code for Russia is 7, for Ukraine it is 380, for Belarus it is 375. If you dial directly from your home or work phone without using a calling card, or signing up for a special international call discount program with your long distance provider, the cost may be very high ($2 per minute or even higher). We offer dial-around calling cards that give you very affordable rates to former USSR countries (as low as 4 cents per minute to Moscow, Russia).




Remember, if you get stuck, you can always call our bilingual operator/interpreter toll-free 1-866-974-6453 and have her dial the number for you. She will stay online and will interpret your conversation real time.











 What is the weather like in Russia?




Russia is a vast country and it's impossible to describe its climate in a few sentences. In fact we have written a whole article about it. But generally speaking, the climate of the central parts of Russia where the majority of our clients travel is not as bad as portrayed in movies, and somewhat resembles the American Midwest, only a bit colder but less windy. For other parts of CIS read on.








Visas and Immigration




Can you help me with getting a Russian visa?




Normally, you do need a visa in order to enter the Russian Federation.  If you are a US citizen, you definitely need one. You will need separate visas for other CIS countries, such as Belarus. US citizens can enter and stay in the Ukraine for up to 90 days without a visa if they have a valid passport. We can send you the official invitation that you need in order to be issued a visa to Russia.  We do not currently provide invitations to other countries. You will then send this invitation, along with your passport, consulate fee, and 2 passport-sized photos to the Russian Consulate in your country which has jurisdiction over your region.   











How can I bring my future wife to my country?




If you are in the US and are our customer, we can help you with some general advice on visas, procedures, forms, etc. Feel free to contact us and we will point you in the right direction. Note that we don't have an attorney on staff, and your particular situation may require one.  If you need an attorney, we will refer you to a good one who specializes in Immigration Law and has been working with us for a long time.











What is the process and how much will it cost to bring a woman here?




Note. The price estimates and visa kits are for the US only. The immigration laws are similar in other Western countries, so if you live outside the US, you can use this information as a guideline.




IMPORTANT: Never send money to people you have never met in person, and even if you have met them, exercise common sense before you trust them with significant funds. Internet scams are common these days, including various visa and ticket scenarios. A lady may claim that she can get her visa and / or plane ticket and be on her way to you if you only send her or some intermediary (like her agency, or a travel company) a certain amount (usually 2-4 thousand dollars). 99.9% of such claims are fake. If you are asked for money under any excuse, please contact us for advice before you send it.




Generally you won't be able to bring a woman here until you have met her in person. Her chances of getting a "tourist" or "guest" visa to the US are very slim. The best way to proceed is to apply for her "K" (fiancée) visa.  Note that in order to apply for this type of visa, the immigration law requires that you have met your lady in person. You have to have proof of that (pcitures of the two of you together, tickets, etc). The best place to meet her in person would be her home country. Some of our clients choose to meet in a third country, like Cyprus, or the Dominican Republic, where Russian citizens do not need a visa. It is acceptable from the Immigration law standpoint, but it makes you vulnerable to possible scams, as you will most likely be expected to pay for her ticket (or send her money) in advance.




After you have met her in person, you need to file a petition with USCIS, known as form I-129F. The petition can be filled out by yourself.  We recommend purchasing a fiancée visa kit from us.  Please contact us to order one. The kit contains all the necessary forms and instructions. You need to file the included petition with the USCIS office having jurisdiction over your state. It takes 2-3 months for USCIS to approve it.  The fee as of this writing is $170. After you get it approved, you send it to your lady and she takes it to the US Consulate in her home country and applies for the visa.  Add the USCIS fee, postage, visa processing fee and you get about $350 for that step. Contrary to tourist visas to the US, which are notoriously difficult to get, "K" visas are usually granted without a problem, provided that the documents are filed properly, she does not have a police record, and your or her have not violated any Immigration law provisions in the past (i.e. overstayed a prior "K" visa). If you or her have applied for "K" visa in the past, it may also be a reason for a denial of the current application.




Most likely she will not have the funds needed to buy her plane ticket to the US, so you will need to pay for that. You do not have to travel to her country again to accompany her, but it would be a nice gesture if you can afford it. A one way ticket will cost around $600-$900. If you decide to accompany her, your two-way airfare could be anywhere between $800 and $1600, depending on the season and how early in advance you buy your ticket.




Once she arrives, she can stay in the US for 90 days in the "fiancée" status. By the end of that time you either get legally married, or she has to go back to her home country. Neither you nor her are obligated to get married, but you may be financially responsible for her return ticket if things don't work out.




When you do get married, you will need to apply for a permanent resident status for her.  There is a special form for that, and an application fee. When you get to that point, you can give us a call. This is going to set you back about $800 in fees and required medical tests, if you fill out the forms by yourself.




You should not have any problems with most of the immigration forms, but in certain matters you may require the assistance of an immigration attorney.








 How long does it take for a Russian woman to be issued a US visa?




The actual process should take place within 2 weeks from the time she applies at the US Consulate in her home country, if there are no complications. That does not include filing your petition.   











Can money speed things up?




It can if you are a US citizen applying for a Russian visa.  However, US Consulates do not offer expedited service, and the waiting times are the same for everybody.











Do you have to marry the women in their home country or can you bring them here to the US ?




It is recommended to bring your bride to the US on a K (fiancée) visa and then marry her here.  This way, while she is waiting for her permanent residency papers, she is in the US with you.  If you get officially married inRussia, she will have to wait for those papers in her home country. The process is lengthy, might take as long as 6 or more months, so you really need to take this into consideration.




© Online-Dating-Singles,
All Rights Reserved 2019.
Home   Search Profiles   Help   FAQ   About Us   Contact Us   Terms & Conditions   Privacy Policy